Sunday 30 October 2011

A Toast on Our Engagement

On our engagement, here’s a toast:
We are a couple made in heaven!
Honey, I treasure your love the most
Out of all that God has given.


I was fourteen when I first met you.
We became friends and then best friends.
Eventually our relationship grew,
Don’t know if it was the feel or the scents.


Break ups, patch ups and fights - 
They only strengthened our relation.
No dates, or flowers, or candle lights,
But you still created a good impression.


Distance was never a matter to worry about,
As our hearts were always together amour.
Many a times I’ve wished to shout out
Loud that I loved you much more.


I’m eighteen now and already engaged.
It feels like I’m too young for this.
All these years I was more like caged,
And now suddenly I’m gonna have my first kiss.


My lips are curved more than the moon,
When you say - "You're my heart, my life".
Don’t you think things are happening too soon?
Few years hence, I would be your wife.


Then we would start fighting all day,
Have cranky kids running around our home,
At night, on bed, together we lay -
Just happiness, love and shalom!




Attention readers: im not yet engaged. Will let you people know before i exchange rings!!


9 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! Very sweet and well written...may Allah (SWT) bless you both as a couple and may you very soon be engaged in the holy bond of marriage! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazng!!!!!!keep writing....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel,i touched your life with my finger tip ...really it shows the real life and your affinity for his love and care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nabila, thnanx a lot! In Sha Allah v wud b 2gdr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nandu, thnx n sure i wud keep writin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ananthu, i felt like writing again after i read ur blog n joined 'me n my lyf'. Thanx 4 d encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beauutifull....!!jst luvv it...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No words!!!! your poems are wonderful....:)

    with love and prayers..
    Preetha teacher

    ReplyDelete